Top 3 heaters for above ground pool
This industry is being led by a familiar name – Hayward. It is because of the excellent build quality of the products, their unmatchable customer service and the legions of satisfied customers. That is the reason all three spots have been taken by Hayward.
This is a fairly lightweight model from Hayward. It features a compact design and can be easily installed with any pool. It operates very quietly due to a unique fan blade design which also contributes towards improving air flow. It has also been protected from harmful agents by its Ultra Gold corrosion resistant coated evaporator coil fin. It protects the device in corrosive environments such as coastal areas. This heat pump is not only perfect for new pools but also suitable for spas and existing system upgrades. It weighs 90 pounds which may not be much considering the power of the device. Finally, the device uses ArmourCoil heat exchanger, state-of-the-art and made with titanium.
- Maintenance – This pump does its job excellently and hardly requires any maintenance. You will not need to worry about any functional issues or any problems while using it
- Temperature Control – The temperature control achieved with this pump is excellent. It can easily heat up the water without using too much power even in severe weather conditions.
- Design – The design of this heater is amazing. It is very compact and lightweight. It can fit almost anywhere besides your pool. You can use it with great ease and there will be no hassle to handle a heavy gadget as it very easy to tackle.
- Protection – The protective coatings used over the body of the heater are also very reliable and do their job properly.
- Quiet – It is also surprisingly quiet for a heat pump.
- Performance – The performance of this heat pump may not be enough to keep a large pool heated. It may work less optimally in bad weather conditions.
- Size and Output – The size and output may not really match the price tag of this device.
- Power Usage – There have also been complaints about the power usage of this device.
Another product from Hayward makes the top ranks because of its energy efficient design. This can be used as a universal spa heater. Energy is saved by the use of polymer header. It also enhances the hydraulic performance of the device. Similarly, the device has also been protected from corrosion and erosion. Heating performance of this heater is also greatly affected by the forced draft system in a positive manner. It moves air through the combustion chamber at a very precise rate ensuring ideal heating performance. This machine allows for fast heating with almost no condensation.
- Circulation Time – This gas heater has reduced circulation time and will provide greater efficiency and performance while working
- Initial Cost – This gas heater is very cheap to install. Like all gas heaters, this one also has a less initial cost. So anyone wanting to quickly set up a system can get this very easily. There will be no extra financial burden and you can just buy and use it free of worries.
- Performance – This heater heats up the pool very fast.
- Design – The design is also remarkable. It is lightweight and compact.
- Durable – This product has been made to last. It has been built using quality materials.
- Loud – A common complaint the users have with this heater is that it is very loud in its operation. Although this is certainly ignorable, but for some, it is too much to bear. If you are sensitive to noise, try some device else.
- Operation Costs – Since this is a gas heater, it has a high operation cost in order to heat the water. It may not suit the active user’s needs.
- Quality – There have also been complaints about the quality of the device that they received. These include broken display boards and ignition control board.
This heater is a great example of why the company has become a leader in the industry. It uses a new polymer header , which performs the job of providing superior hydraulic performance. This in turn also saves great energy. It also protects the device from the effects of corrosion and erosion. Quality materials have been used in the construction of the device which ensures longevity and reliability. There is a Forced draft system which moves air through the combustion chamber of the device at a precise and an accurate flow rate. There is also an easy to read LED control panel and display for the convenience of the user. It makes operating the device very easy and simple.
- Easy Installation – This gas heater has been designed in such a way that it is very easy to install. You can easily out it to work without having any problems. it works well without any interruptions.
- LED Display – There is an LCD display and control panel for the convenience of the user.
- Output – The device has great performance while it doesn’t cost much. You can use it with great ease and you will not have to get it fixed or repaired frequently.
- Efficiency – This model doesn’t demand a lot of power. Rather, it is extremely power-efficient compared to its incredible performance.
- Fast – It has been widely praised for its fast action.
- Loud – People also have complained regarding the noise level of this model.
- Weatherproof – This model has not been designed in such a way to render it weather proof. This means that it will rust and deteriorate quicker than other models built to last.
- Operation – This gas heater may not be able to live up to the standard if utilized for a large pool.
Features to Consider While Buying the Product
There are certain things one must ponder over before buying a pool heater:
- Usage Style – The product you purchase will depend on your usage style. These devices come as solar heaters, heat pumps, electric resistance heaters and gas heaters. If someone is an active user, the heat pump would be recommended for them. It might be a high investment in the start, but it will prove to be more economical over time. That is because they utilize the heat present in air rather than creating it. If you aren’t an active user, and only plan to use your pool on special occasions, the gas heater will be perfect for you. It is because they have a higher operating cost, but low installation cost.
- Size of Pool – One thing is important to consider; the larger your swimming pool, the more BTU’s you will require to heat the water. If you go wrong over the calculation of the BTU’s required to heat up your pool, you will end up with an inefficient pump with much higher operating costs. Electric resistant heaters are preferable for small spas and therapy pools.
- Location – Location also determines the efficiency of your heater. Heat pumps are advised for higher air temperatures. Solar heaters also operate their best in warm locations where the sun shines bright.
So we come to the conclusion that choosing an above ground pool heater is not as simple matter as you might have thought initially. The market presents many options in different shapes, performing different functions so it all becomes confusing rather quickly. One should remember what their personal preferences are, like usage, size of your pool, location, etc. After careful consideration of these factors, it really becomes an easier decision. So clear your hind and think carefully, because it is quite a large investment you will be making. Rest assured though, because the market has plenty of options so that you always have a choice.
We have given you the best options available for you and you can choose whatever suits you the best from the given top products, just focus on your requirements and select which matches your needs.